Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So THAT'S What I've Been Missing...

From Elias Session # 1721, Feb. 24th, 2005:

CAROLINE: For years I’m trying to create something that has to do with my musical talent, and I’m thinking I would be happy if I could do more, if I could work as a singer, being a singer in a band, making a CD and stuff like that. I feel I have the talent. Why am I not creating this as a reality? What is my problem? (Both laugh)

ELIAS: You do incorporate a talent, and I may express to you an acknowledgment that you engage that talent in lovely tones, but you generate obstacles with yourself for you restrict yourself. You acknowledge your ability, but you also compare yourself to other individuals, and in comparing yourself to other individuals or even to an ideal you, you restrict your allowance of yourself to merely express yourself freely.

In this, if you allow yourself to discontinue with this automatic action of comparing yourself, you may begin to allow yourself more of an appreciation, in genuine appreciation, of yourself and your ability – not merely your ability, but of yourself also. That shall alter the energy that you are projecting outwardly and generate much more of an attractiveness of yourself with other individuals.

CAROLINE: Some things you said I will have to translate later, but I guess I understand this comparison thing. I make these comparisons because sometimes I think I have the talent. Sometimes, when I compare myself to others, I think my talent is so low it’s not enough to make this. Is that right?

ELIAS: Yes. In this, if you genuinely allow yourself to appreciate yourself and appreciate your own expression, your own creativity and recognize that it is unique to you, it is unnecessary to be comparing yourself with other individuals or an ideal of what is acceptable and what is better, but rather to be appreciating your own expression and the uniqueness of it, and acknowledging the joy and satisfaction that you experience within yourself in the time frameworks in which you do allow yourself to be freely expressing your own creativity. If you are appreciating of you and what you do, other individuals shall reflect that to you also and shall also be appreciating you and what you do.


http://www.eliasforum.org/transcripts/E1721_022405.html

No comments:

Post a Comment