Five thoughts regarding our current financial crisis, on the last day of a tremendous and fascinating month :
1. There is an old Chinese saying: "May you live in interesting times." We most certainly do.
2. Nothing reminds us of what is truly important like a crisis of some sort.
3. Ultimately, you are safe. Fear is just fear. It is not reality. Unless you choose to make it so.
4. Our so-called leaders tend to be more concerned with their own careers, and how their actions and choices will reflect on them, then they are with the best interests of all of us.
5. Nothing good ever came from pointing fingers and placing blame. There are two sides to every story, and both sides will always think they're right. But in the end, we're all looking for the same thing. Ultimately, there is only one side.
Are you on it?