Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gr-Attitude

I'm sitting here at my desk thinking about Thanksgiving, and what it really means.

We all know the history and surface meaning of Thanksgiving, but as is typical of me I have to peel away that surface layer and see what's underneath. And when I do, I see something that is very forward-looking rather than backward-looking.

People tend to give thanks for that which they have already received, but what we are saying with our energy when giving thanks has as much to do with the future as the past.

When we express gratitude, our energy is saying, "Yes, life is good. Yes, abundance is part of my experience, my reality." And, perhaps most importantly, "I am open to further gifts and abundance." Basically, gratitude is our way of saying, "Yes, more of this please!"

So as you gather around the dinner table on Thanksgiving and say a prayer of thankfulness, know that the universe is paying attention. Know that more abundance is moving steadily toward you. Know that your gratitude is being heard and responded to. More is on the way.

And THAT is something to be grateful for!

Happy Thanksgiving,
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment